There is still no known vaccine against the Corona Virus Disease(which is also called Covid19). It is for this reason that one of the recommended ways of protecting oneself from contracting and/or further spreading the virus is washing one’s hands regularly with soap. While washing hands might seem like an exercise that almost anyone can do, for purposes of maximizing its efficiency a few things need to be observed when doing so. These include:
- Rubbing one’s soap covered hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Washing the back of the hands thoroughly.
- Washing the insides of the finger nails.
- Preferably washing hands under running water especially if done with others.
- Avoid drying hands by rubbing them against one’s own clothes where hand dryers might not he available.
Regular washing with soap must be practiced even when one’s hands do seem physically dirty.